Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fashion...



"Fashions fade, style is eternal." 

Yves Saint Laurent


In the last decade so many changes have been going on with clothing, specially because so many designers brought back looks from the sixties, seventies and eighties, also making the clothing more feminine and colorful. The changes we have seen are nothing compared to what we will see in the 21st Century Fashion thanks to new technologies influencing so many aspects of our everyday lives, according to gdotmoda.com. Soon those technologies will also influence Fashion and therefore our Style. If you think of all the changes that have been happening since fashion exists, and that they all started with inspirations from the most random people at the most random places. It´s crazy to maybe think that the ONE outfit you will wear tomorrow, might influence the fashion world. Whatever idea you have, I encourage you to show it and share it!





"A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion." 

Coco Chanel



I have been thinking that there are so many combinations, so many different kinds of outfits I could wear and go out in them but when I do, nobody seems to be on the streets at that point, so technically my outfit, my style, has reached the street, but since nobody saw it, nobody had the chance to either like or criticize it, does it mean it is not fashion? 
When I have an idea that I want to try out, and I drew it in my sketch pad, but since I did not actually wear it, it has not been out there to be seen, does that also mean it is not fashion? So when a designer creates a new dress, that could be the most unique and most worn dress, but he does not show it to the rest of the world, I guess that means that it is not fashion either.


What does fashion mean to you? Is it something you have to show off? 


Fashion, to me, is freedom of visual expression, individualism, and colors!
Yes, I believe fashion is there to be shown, life is too short to think about things twice, three times, four times, so in the end you might never even do it! 
Just try it out, I DARE YOU! 
I dare you to be irresistible, I dare you to be sensual and most of all, I dare you to show everyone your very own Sense Of Styling!



No comments:

Post a Comment