Friday, November 23, 2012

Fashion, makes me feel: safe, confident and unique

“Fashion is something that goes in one year and out the other.”



I found this quote, and it´s unknown who said it, but it´s the most simple and true quote I have read in the last weeks. In my opinion the idea of fashion is so vague, it has such an indefinite character that it makes me feel various emotions. 


First, it makes me feel safe, because nowadays, no matter what I wear it´s Fashion in some way. I can hardly go wrong because there is no specific standard anymore, the only rule to follow now, is that there are NO RULES!




"It’s a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It’s all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together."
Alexander McQueen


Second, I feel confident, which is a completely unintended consequence of the first emotion/feeling, safety. Mixing colors and combining different styles is a passion of mine, also when I think too much about it, the joy goes away faster than you know. What it is about clothes, shoes, accessories and their colors and shapes that are so fascinating to me that I honestly feel like I express who I am, who I want to be, and redefine myself every time I put on a new outfit. It is a feeling of power. 



"I have always believed that fashion was not only to make women more beautiful, but also to reassure them, give them confidence."
Yves Saint Laurent 


Third, fashion makes me feel unique. Every time I put on some jeans, a white shirt and some sneakers, I know I look good, mainly because there´s no other Alexandra like me. Yes people copy each others styles and look the same, and Yes, on some people it looks better than on others, but your attitude and the way those clothes make you feel, is all reflected in the way you wear them, and nobody can copy that!




"Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it."
Yves Saint-Laurent

To get back to the quote about fashion that comes one year and goes the next. Well, my mom always tells me that "fashion styles keep coming back from the past" and she keeps seeing pieces that are similar to what she wore when she was 17 years old. It always makes me smile when that happens because I have the strong feeling that someday that will happen to me, and those will be my words. I noticed how my style changed over the years, how I laughed at some things that I adore now, and I can´t wait to see when my kids might do the same! 

FASHION  is full of amazing surprises, and it won´t stop to impress or influence us, just enjoy every single STYLE you try out. Life is there to make mistakes, and if you make any with your style then don´t worry, you have the rest of your life and thanks to that mistake, you´re one step closer to your OWN UNIQUE FASHION STYLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment