Monday, July 2, 2012

Hi, my name is.....

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex, I´m 22 years old, college student in Cupertino, California and this is my first blog ever.

I´m very excited about this!
This blog will be dedicated to one of my passions, it´s like colors, I just can´t decide what my favorite is, but this is one of the most important ones, Fashion! I´m not the first one or the last one, I´m just one of an infinite number of people who love Fashion, that´s why it´s so amazing and that´s why there are so many styles in the world, because of so many people who have an opinion about this, who have ideas that are revolutionary and because we all just like to share what we like and what we don´t.

I wanted to tell you about myself but I will try to summarize it, since this blog is not about me, but about clothes, accessories, make up, different colors, ideas, visions, materials, trends and styles, about Fashion!

I´m half German, half Ecuadorian, I was born in Central America, in El Salvador. My family and I moved many times, from living six years in El Salvador, we moved to Chile for three years, then to Germany for one year, and the last stop for us, as a family, has been Spain, to be specific, Sevilla, which is in Andalucía, the south of Spain. After trying to find out what I wanted to study, if I even wanted to study, I figured out I wanted to come to the U.S. and at first, I came as an AuPair (fancy word for foreign nanny) and stayed here for two months, but decided then to go back, change my visa and come back to study. This happened in the summer of 2010. My major is now Journalism, even though I´m going to switch to Sociology, I still want to pursue a Masters Degree in Journalism in New York City. I´ve always seen Fashion as a way of escaping from the world, a way of being creative and nobody could tell me what to do or what not to do, the biggest barriers are the ones we put ourselves, so I´ve never seen any limits when it comes to Fashion, and it always worked out to be the one thing that made people look at me twice and turn their heads, and sometimes ask me “where did you get that?,” “did you make that?” Those and many other things, made me realize that it is one of my passions, that finding my own style is a journey that will go on for the rest of my life, because it will change and change, and just like life itself it will be full of surprises, full of ups and downs. I am ready for that, I want it, and I want to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment